Friday, February 20, 2009

CNY2009 Office Potluck Party

This year, my colleague spearheaded a CNY party in the office. It was meant to be a potluck party, with each participating guest contributing some food or drinks.

I got M's help to fry some bee hoon for the party. Items contributed by others include: Roast Chicken, Roast Duck, Fishballs, Tau-Pok, Rojak, Ngor-Hiang, Roast Pork, Sauteed Prawns. My colleague also proceeded (against our advice) to cook one whole big corning-ware-full of white rice.



For desserts, we had Agar-Agar, Steamed Waterchestnut Kueh, Mini Chocolate Eclairs, some CNY cookies and Sparkling Juice. Takeaway for everyone (to bring back to own work station) was a Ferrero Rocher.



The star of the lunch was my colleague's Lo-Hei. She had generously added 2 cans of abalone to the heapful of radish & carrot shreds. Many persons 'new' to our such CNY lunches were delighted at this although most of us who know the generosity of this colleague were no at all surprised. There were plenty of 'oohs' and 'ahhs' nonetheless, when everyone saw the dish.



There were some people who came to the party at the sole invitation of my colleague - some of us do not like the company of some of these 'invited people'. Moreover, these 'invited people' came empty-handed - this made those of us who contributed food wonder why they were so privileged? In summary, some people were less than happy with this 'personal' invitation of my colleague. Sigh, I also feel that my colleague should not have done this (wrong)doing.

So, instead of taking more photos of people at the party, I just took photos of the food and ate as heartily as I could with my 'preferred company' at the party.

2 comments:

KayAngMo said...

SGP is land of accronyms....I will add one for you...

SBS food.
see bey sinful.....

KayAngMo said...

one more thing: stop posting these photos leh...

walao eh...

now we eat plain sphagehtti and tasteless wurstli's...
sometimes over-salted stuff too...

time to rest our stomachs....and yours.