Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Japanese Melons (PG for Singlish)

My colleague just shared these pictures:





And in case the price tags are not clear enough, they read:

$38.00 for the small watermelon;

$93.50 for the (usual) big watermelon; and

$89.90 for the rock melon.

So I asked my colleague, "Can the skin be eaten?!"
My colleague replied, "Maybe should eat it, otherwise bo-hua?"
Another of my colleague wondered, "Will anyone buy?"
I offered, "Ya, Siao-Lang will buy, lor!"

Hahahhahaa.....

But seriously, how different can watermelons taste?! 30 times as sweet? I will stick to local watermelons, lah. Otherwise, I may really end up trying to eat the skin + seeds too.....

1 comment:

KayAngMo said...

No la, the Japanese melons are not the same as non-Japanese melons.
Since they imported it from Asia to Japan and then from Japan back to Singapore, of course the airfreight charges are inserted into the prices.

When the Japanese in Singapore goes shopping for this, and they see the price, they will imagine that the number means Yen la.
So they will buy, otherwise how to put 1 thin slice on their Tomatsu Set Lunch for their children and husband?

BTW, don't try to eat the skin, look what happened to Michael Jackson.