Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Friend Found

I once went out with a friend (let's call the friend 'YC'). YC is an outstanding person with very impressive achievements (already so, years ago) and an extremely attractive personality. I enjoyed every outing we went on and every conversation we had.

For many years now, however, I have not been in touch with YC. But last week, after trying my hands at the Facebook and successfully linking up with some old school friends, I decided to try to look for YC online, too. But alas, I couldn't find YC on Facebook.

Then, a few days later, I had had to source for some materials regarding public communications etc and I was somehow directed to the website of the PR Acacdemy. In the course of browsing the materials, I chanced upon a brief introductory note on one of PR Acadmeny's speakers. I recognised the person featured, instantly! Yes, it was YC.

I cannot help but marvel once again at the power, wonders and magic of the digital world! :)

After some hesitation, I mustered enough courage and sent an email to YC to 'confirm' that the person in the article was indeed the friend I knew. I got YC's reply the following day.

And yes, I found my friend and I am so very happy that YC still remembers me. :)

No comments: