Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mozzy or Mozzies



Last night, some time after dinner, I was getting WY to go start taking out his homework for me to view/check when I spotted a mosquito on his back below his right shoulder. Without hesitation, I slammed onto that mosquito with my hand!

"Ouch! What was that for?!" WY cried out. Without saying anything (I was still busy 'scanning around'), I showed him my palm. On it were one mosquito leg and a little blood.

Instantaneously, WY realised why I had given him such a big 'slap' on his back. Then we both cast our eyes onto the floor and we saw, to our amazement, the crippled mosquito wriggling and writhing in a circle on the floor!

I quickly grabbed a piece of tissue paper to pick up that damned bug and have it squashed beyond recognition. "Damn you! How dare you bite WY right under my eyes (literally)!!" I muttered under my breath as I tossed whatever pulp left of that mozzy in the crumpled tissue, into the waste-paper basket.

Then, I quickly 'inspected' WY and saw, to my dismay, 4 big mosquito bites on his right thigh & above his right shin! By then, each bite was already about the size of a 5-cent coin. But WY said that he didn't know that he had been bitten by any mosquito because there had been no itch at all (until later).

So whilst putting on some cream on the red bulgy patches, I explained that before the mosquitoes bite us, they would 1st cleverly inject some liquid to numb our skin so that we would not feel its bite immediately. This is why usually by the time we realise that we have been bitten by the mosquito, the mosquito would have been done with its blood-sucking romp. WY gave his trademark "ooh's" and "ahh's" on hearing my explanation and said, "No wonder I didn't know that I have been bitten!"

R and I couldn't find any other mosquito last night. But based on the little amount of blood smashed out of the one which was successfully sent to its maker last night, I am quite certain there is at least another one hiding somewhere around.

Tonight, we will hunt it down.

1 comment:

KayAngMo said...

You should go and by the "Starship Troopers" and enjoy how they blast the insects to smitterins!