Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Got Scolded for 'Nothing'

WY is taking part in this big-scale performance to be put up by the 文化艺术团 at Victoria Theatre some time next month. There will be 4 shows: one evening show on Friday + one matinee and one evening show on Saturday + one matinee on Sunday.

Priority booking for discounted tickets for Cast has already started and will be closed on 15 July 2007. I have booked and purchased 11 tickets so far for all the shows combined. YP has yet to let me know whether she, BK, WS and WP will agree to join us on the Saturday evening show. My suggestion is that we will all go out for dinner that day followed by the show at VT.

On Sunday evening, when Mother came upstairs with some cut watermelons, I told her about having bought the tickets. My main purpose was to 'book' her date and time for that Saturday evening (in case she plans for herself some other activities, mah). She said date and time are ok with her, as is my suggestion for pre-show dinner.

Then, I mentioned that I also purchased one ticket for Father. She snapped at me, "Why get a ticket for him?! Why would he want to go?!" "Why not? Why cannot get one ticket for him as well?" I replied.

She didn't say much, but after half a minute or so of black-face, she mumbled, "I will see first, ah. Maybe if he goes, then I may not want to go!"

Ha?!????? What the ........?!!!?!?!?!?!!

I don't understand. Get a ticket for Father, also can get scolded for 'nothing'. I have yet to ask Father but I am quite confident he will want to go to support WY, lah. Or, am I too optimistic??

Perhaps, if it turns out that he is really not interested, then I may give the tickets away, lor. Only thing is, each ticket costs $24 (Saturday evening show = no discount), so will have to find some people who are 'worthy' of the treat.

2 comments:

KayAngMo said...

1 comment: reflect on what our mother is doing to our father.
And do not repeat it with your spouse.

Sigh.

lplp said...

Compare apple with apple, not apple with orange.

Sometimes, when comment is not needed, should refrain yourself.