Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Virgin Posting

This is the 1st day of work after CNY 2007.

The day started like any others, except that both little ones get to stay home with Mother today - big one because he has to wait out the quarantine period post chix pox and the small one because the childcare centre is closed today.

Nothing special in office. But had a great lunch at Beng Hiang today with colleagues. Apart from the Lo Hei, we had roast chix + ngoh hiang hei cho + fish maw soup + hokkien mee + kung ba pao. See, big feast for the 1st day of work. :)

After lunch, received a call from Mother. Angrily complaining how the small one manipulated the remote control for her TV and finally upset the setting etc and now all channels have zero volume. Sigh, what to do? What can I do except to try to pacify and say we will look into it this evening once we get back? Sigh.

Luckily, by the time we got home from work, TV was already ok.

We went to Cecilia's clinic to get the certificate for WY's return to school. Oh man! It was a super long wait, especially since all we wanted was the certificate (no medication etc). By the time we were done, it was almost 9:05pm.

Our plan was to go pick up some dairy stuff like 'square' cheese (yah, the 'triangle ones' won't do) and fresh milk from NTUC after that. So we quickly set off. Whilst we were on PIE, our dear WF fell asleep in the front seat. He remained in slumber even as we parked in SingPost.

So WY and I did a quick dash for the various items and then hurried back to the car, only to find not one, but two, 'sleepers' snoring away!

By the time we got back to our car park, it was no surprise that there were no nearby lots left. So WY had to carry a loaded cooler box and a shopping bag whilst I carried the other shopping bag and a still-fast-asleep WF on my shoulders. Funny thing is, when we reached our floor, WF took a peek at where we were and asked softly:"I thought we were going to SingPost for shopping?"

Anyway, all 3 of us got into the house and WY started to help me to unpack. WF, who was by then quite fully awake, started to pester us with his daily-routine question of "Mama, is your computer charged?" When I said no, he insisted, "Yes, it is! Yes, it is!" And like many times before, he started to whine and then the whines graduated to sobs and then to wails..... aiyah!!!! We turned a deaf ear and left him to stop his nonsense by himself, which he did.... until R came back into the house - then WF started all over again.... sigh......

WY and I did a quick review of the work which he has to bring back to school before he got his school bag packed. Talk about multi-function, we had to fit in the brushing of teeth, washing of face, changing into pyjamas etc, all into the 10 minutes or so which I had for checking his answers to the Science homework assigned by the class teacher. I think (and hope) WY will do better at multitasking than R. And I sincerely hope there won't be any of such sudden and 'enforced' breaks anymore. Very super disruptive especially to school work.

Then we saw that WF had gone into the room and so at my suggestion, WY stealthily took out the laptop and set it up for a quick login to sharepoint. Ms Lee had requested that we link his e-journal blog to his class webpage. Once we were done, I got WY to quickly logoff and then keep the laptop again. Then just as quickly, he got into bed and in a flash, it was lights-off.

Phew! I took an extra-fast shower (since I was in and out of the clinic earlier) before climbing onto bed. WF was waiting on his pillow.

I sat him down and asked him what he did wrong in the afternoon (about Mother's TV). This smart little one, he is totally aware of his mischief and knows that he must not repeat it. I had no choice but to tell him that AhMa was so angry with his mischievious deed and that I was so disappointed with his refusal to answer my telephone call. Red-eyed and heavily sniffing away, he promised not to do these 'naughty things' again.

Then we discussed the plan to return to CH tomorrow:

I: Tomorrow, Papa and Mama will go to work and GeGe will go to KHS. WF will have to go to CH school.

WF: What about AhMa?

I: AhMa has to do her work too. She has so much work to do.

WF: But I still have germs!

I: Ha?! What germs? There's no more germ!

WF (quickly sat up and insisted that I switched on the bedside lamp) : Look! Still got germs! See! (pointing to his foot) I got mosquito germs!

I lost my tongue. Just briefly rubbed the single mosquito bite which he got 2 days earlier and then switched off the lamp again.

1 comment:

KayAngMo said...

Wah....not 3 min hot hor?
Remember what happened to WY blog? No news leh?

This is good, hope you will keep it up.
BTW, not sure if your company will disagree that you use company time to do this. However you can argue it is stress relief, like taking a coffee break.

TAke care not to post real names or they may not like it...

Kay Angmo