Wednesday, May 20, 2009

CountDown to June 2009

For the past 2-3 weeks, I have been swarmed with many, many work assignments. It's not a pleasant feeling knowing that this is but a manifestation of the boss' reaction to my impending leave. She has been increasingly showing her “ 既然你很快就要放假了,我就先让你‘做死’!” mentality.

What to do? Just let her be, lor.

A colleague recently asked me why I won't consider working part-time. I shared with her this 先做死你 mentality and the resulting treatment and explained, "I'll probably die having to do full-share work in half the time!" Also, it won't make economic sense dashing between home and office and getting all even more stressed up, all for a small portion of the pay.

Right now, regardless of the 先做死你, I am counting down to 1 June. 10 more days to go, then I think I should be able to get some breather and hopefully, regain some sense of sanity which has been elusive for a very long time now. Yeah.....


2 comments:

KayAngMo said...

I think when my wife was expecting and knowing she was going to be "fulltime housewife", she was quite excited and looking forward to it.
But if you ask her now, she will tell you she wants to go back to the office environment, leaving these 2 "naughty" and tireless children back home.
The grass is always greener on the other side.

However, this is a good chance for you to experience a different kind of living. Living 24X7 at home, caring and cleaning the house. Neverending list of chores and tasks, and the toilet, floor, kitchen are never clean enough one la.

I wish you good luck, you will need it.
:P

KayAngMo said...

Recently my employer is in heaps of financial difficulties. So they asked the employees for voluntary flexible worktime reduction.
I am toying with the idea to work 4 days and take a 20% paycut.
I have some reservations because this may be interpreted by some nasty people as "no work to do" but some nice guys will take this as a gesture to help the company save costs and colleagues to save their jobs.

So, do you think I should take this paycut and work schedule for 6 months til end of 2009?