Monday, October 8, 2007

Planting Grass Is Never Fun.....

I have been watching the progress of the KPE Worksite clear-up. There seems to have been some progress, at least over at the portion where the cement-processing plant used to be.

On Monday or Tuesday last week, the zinc hoarding along part of Mattar Road (the stretch immediately next to the portion where the cement-processing plant used to be) was taken off. Woah! It instantly gave me a kind of 重见天日 feeling as our car zipped past in the morning.

It felt good, especially when we saw that the excavators had started work early in the morning, scooping some loosely-scattered concrete chunks (presumably remains/leftovers from the cement-processing plant structure) and loading them onto some waiting dump-trucks.

Then, on Friday last week, I took a photograph from our block and this was how the place looked.



The very next morning, I saw that they had already started to re-turf part of the cleared portion. Since then, it has looked like this.



Yeah! I think grass is nice. I pity the workers, though, for planting grass in the scorching hot afternoon sun is never fun......

1 comment:

KayAngMo said...

Planting grass is FUN!

BTW, are there plans to build another block/s of flats on that land spot?

I would not be surprised if the HDB did.