Thursday, September 3, 2009

WY's 12th Birthday

Last Saturday, dinner was at our place. We had simple fare of M's sea cucumber, BK's DianXiaoEr roast duck and my 石斛 soup. YP arrived late because she had to go for some camp inspection following a diarrhoea outbreak at the army camp!

After dinner, everyone got into action in their respective activities: the boys all tried out the various Wii games, including the new Mario game that WS and WP got for WY for his birthday; M and CP turned couch potatoes - they just cannot miss even just one part of their Taiwanese show '爱'; BK got out his mini-laptop and fiddled with it in between watching the broadcast of Michael Jackson's previous concert on the TV; R was in his own cyber world.

At about 9pm, we brought out the Oreo cheese cake that YP had bought for WY and ate it after the usual song-singing. The cake tasted good although it could have been less sweet. Only a small portion was left in the end. WY and I finished it the following day.



The single candle used that day was a special singing candle. It sings very much like what the singing birthday cards do. WP was very intrigued by it but I think its singing is way too soft.

I think we will try it again the next time.

*********************

WY turned 12 yesterday.

It's weird feeling this way (12 years leh!) but it seems like only last week that R and I had checked into the NUH to deliver WY. What with the complete lack of action that day (and I felt so starved because they had refused to feed me that day), the 'unauthorised' visit of F and M at the delivery ward that same evening (only to realise that there had been 'no action'at all!), R's bunking-in with me for 2 nights, his dealing with his sinus issue and of course, the intermittent, increasing pain throughout the following day until WY finally arrived in a hot gush!

And now, our little bundle is already 12!.... He'll be a teenager on his next birthday! Wow....

For lunch yesterday, I decided that we would have something different from the usual rice or noodle stuff. So I ordered pizzas, which were delivered promptly. I am so proud of myself - my timing of the order was so good that the pizzas were still warm when M, WY and I tucked into them after WY's shower!

M told us that during her recent trip, she also had pizzas for lunch on some days. On some other days, she had burgers from some fastfood outlets, too. She is ok with such 'angmo eating' every now and then. So the pizzas yesterday were also ok with her.

I told WY that there was no plan to get another birthday cake yesterday. So the pizzas were its stand-in. As WY munched the pizzas heartily away, he said happily, "That's ok. This is delicious!"

We kept 4 slices of the pizzas for WF, R and CP which they had during dinner later in the evening. I heated them up in the toaster, so they still tasted good. As expected, WF removed all the bits of pineapple before finishing his Hawaiian slice completely. R and CP had the Teriyaki chicken ones.

I gave WY a Super Yoyo for his birthday present. He is delighted at receiving the Yoyo and tried his hand at it. He's still very new to yoyo-ing, but I am sure he will get the hang of it very soon.

WF was equally excited at the Super Yoyo. He fiddled with it, too and later on, asked me, "Mama, why didn't you get me a present on my birthday?"

I reminded him that we did! We got him a brand new mini hifi set for his birthday (to replace the old, faulty set) so that he could enjoy his music in the room! He calls his music 'sweet music'. So sweet. So, WF said, "Oh ya, hor. Thank you, Mama!"

I think the 2 boys will be trying out the Yoyo together very soon.

* The Super Yoyo's price is so super leh - $20!! Its incredible how little value our money is worth these days, hor. Did someone call this inflation??

No comments: