Monday, August 24, 2009

Private (And Quiet) Celebration

On WF's birthday itself, the boys went to school as per normal. In the evening, they also had their piano and Maths lessons at Toa Payoh as usual.

Then, after a bulky-grocery shopping at the supermarket, we collected the cake that I had ordered from Crystal Jade Cakery nearby before we headed home for our celebration at home.

After a quick shower, the boys got into action swiftly. We brought out the cakes (see below for the simple reason why we had 2 cakes that night) and after the song-singing, we tucked into the cakes.



The 2 mini-cupcakes (looks are not the same as taste) were complimentary from the Cakery - the staff at the shop really liked WF so much, and were delighted to see him there twice 'in person' on his birthday!

In the morning, WF and I had gone to the Cakery to collect a cake which I had ordered for my colleague, S. S had given WF a red packet for his birthday about a fortnight ago when I visited the office for our PC-changing exercise. So, the staff at the Cakery had recognised WF and kept teasing him about being the birthday boy that day. Hence, the 2 cupcakes.

As for the 2 cakes - the arrangement with regard to WF's Maths class is that he will call me on my handphone when he is done with his work (yes, it is flexi-knock-off time). So, when he called me that evening, I told him that I was collecting the chocolate truffle cake that I had ordered for him. Then, to my utter surprise, he said he wanted something 'vanilla'!!

So, when I went to the Cakery, it so happened that they had this special 'Vanilla Angel' promotional cake on the shelf. So, I also grabbed that, hor.

The Angel turned out to be very light, fluffy and delicious! We, especially WF, loved it so much that we finished it off with no leftovers whatsoever of it. We ended up having to keep some of the chocolate truffle cake for breakfast the next morning.

No comments: