Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Just Another Saturday

Our usual Saturday routine is to send WY to Katong Mall for his CL lessons in the morning and then proceed to Marine Parade for WF's music lesson. There is usually time for WY to have his breakfast at home before we set off. WF usually has his breakfast 'on the go'.

Last week, however, there was no music lesson for WF because it was a PTM session day. So after getting WY to his CL lessons, R and WF proceeded to have some hotcakes at McDonalds whilst I went for the PTM at Yamaha (after I took a quick bite at McDonald's, too).

The PTM was attended by only 4 out of 9 parents. Despite the small turnout, our discussion with the teacher was rather interesting and fruitful. We shared our experiences and ideas on how to better encourage our little ones to improve on their music playing and singing etc. It was good that I attended this PTM session - I had missed 2 others last year.

When I re-joined R and WF, they were at the playground just outside McDonald's. WF and another boy were standing on this 'rolling-pin', 'running' on the 'rolling-pin' like they were on a treadmill machine. R was right behind WF. When WF saw me, he stepped off the 'rolling-pin' and came running to me.

R wasn't sure if it would be safe for the other boy, who remained standing on the 'rolling-pin' to remain on the 'rolling-pin' and so R tried to coax him to come down too. But alas, instead of stepping off, the boy started to 'run' on the 'rolling-pin' for a good 20-30 seconds before hopping off the spinning 'rolling-pin'! Both R and I were totally amused and amazed by this boy's action - I mean, he must have been a pro at this station at this playground, man! And there we were, trying to coax him to come down for fear that he may slip or fall after we walk away! Hahahahaa....

We took the car from the carpark and then made our way to Katong Mall. WF then proceeded to his CL class whilst R and I took a 5-minute walk to Roxy Square nearby for a back and foot massage. There were of course the usual ooh's and aah's as the masseurs kneaded our aching shoulders, back and calves.

Actually, I have suggested to Mother some time ago to consider going for these massages on a regular basis. I offered to buy her a package deal so that she can go at her own convenience. Afterall, there are many outlets across the island and she can join her friends (she mentioned before, that some of her friends go for these massages on some weekday afternoons) when she feels like it. There is no expiry date in the package deals.

Not surprisingly, Mother has declined my offer, saying that she doesn't want the massages. Her underlying concern, I think, is that the massages are not exactly cheap. I didn't insist, but after I had raised it a few times, I am not pursuing it anymore now. Especially now.

Anyway, after R and I were done at Roxy Square, we returned to pick WY and WF up from their CL classes. We had a simple fried-beehoon lunch at the small cafe at the basement in the same building and then went back home.

WY and WF played for a short while when we got home. Mother was busy in the kitchen, so I avoided the place as best as I could. WY took his shower and got ready for his tuition with CP who returned soon afterwards. But the tuition ended abruptly very soon after it started - because WY had fallen asleep in a 5-minute break given by CP!

I gave WF his overdue haircut followed by his shower, when I was done with the ironing. By then, it was almost 5:30pm. All the while, R was busy building the prototype of WY's toy-making project. Something about a pulley-system.

YP arrived much later than usual that day. I think it was after 6:30pm. We were all surprised to see that she had come only with her maid and the 扣肉包 which she had cooked. It turned out that BK had brought WS and WP to the IT Show at Suntec City to check out some bargains at the IT Show. So they arrived later at almost 7:30pm, all famished and tired out (having had to jostle amongst the thick crowds, which WS said was quite overwhelming).

Mother prepared crabs for dinner that day. So everyone had a hearty meal. In fact, R had 2 helpings of the crab and even after that, there were still some leftovers of the non-spicy version meant for the children.

The boys took to their computer games and tried out some new ones which WS and WP had picked up at the IT Show. WF also tried his hands at some of these, I think. Meanwhile, I logged onto KAM and showed Mother the latest photos we saw of J and S.

Later, YP gave WY his haircut, too. Then we all had our desserts - fresh fruits and iced longan-rambutan cocktail. Some of us also had some canned drinks - it was good that I remembered to have them chilled in the cooler-box before dinner.

YP and the rest left at almost 10pm. CP didn't want to stay over for the night; she said she could sleep better at her own AMK place, so she also left soon after that. WY and WF went to bed late that night despite my reminders that we would all need to get up early the next morning.

No comments: